Suppliers play one of the major roles in logistics business. So, it is important to conserve their data in a secured manner. It is also important to maintain the invoices received from Suppliers for further use.
Supplier Module Carries the following Sub Modules:
Working of Customer Module and Supplier Module is homogenous.
Supplier module Sketches the list of Suppliers along with their contact information and the respective Person who speak for the company.
You are provided with various other options such as Export (CSV , XSLV and can also be customized), Copy and Print.
Refresh is an unique option provided inside the page wherein if you press the refresh button , only the data will get refreshed and not the whole page.
The options mentioned above reside in the right corner of the page.
Suppliers can be created in two methods.
- Through the Supplier Module.
- Through the Quick Creation
Below are the steps to be followed to create customers
- Step One
Go to Supplier --> New Supplier (residing on the right corner of the page). A new popup window will be opened.
- Step Two
Once the window is opened , you could see 4 different sections to be filled. The sections are as follows
- Step Three
- Do fill the mandatory details indicated by a red asterisk to complete the supplier creation.
If you want to know the in depth details of the fields available , read the following
Section One - General (*)
- Supplier Name (*)
- The field has to be filled with the name of the Supplier i.e Supplier Name.
- Supplier Name in Local Language (*)
- Fill the name of the Supplier in your respective local Language. This data can be used while making Invoices.
- Notifying Person(*)
- This Field has to be filled with the name of the person who represents the company.
- Posting Date(*)
- The date in which the Supplier is created.
- CR Expiry Date
- Company Registration Expiry Date must be entered in this column. You will be sent a notification Email 7 days before the Expiry
- Contract Expiry Date
- This field needs to be filled with the contract date between company and the customer.
- CR ID
- Customer Registration ID needs to be included here
- TAX NO
- TAX NO is not a mandatory column . This can be filled if the supplier wishes to
- Company Verification
- Contract Agreement
- Tax Certification
The Following documents can be added
Section Two - Contact (*)
Mandatory details that needs to be included in contact section are
- Address 1 (*)
- Address in Local Language (*)
- City (*)
- City in Local Language (*)
- Country (*)
Optional details that can be included are ,
- Address 2
- Zip Code
Section Three - Communication (*)
Basic Communication details like Email Id(*), phone , mobile, extension, fax, website. Multiple Supplier Communication details can be added if required. This can be done by using the button available on the right corner of the section.
Note:Email Id must be Unique for each set of data .
Section four - Bank
Bank Details can be stored here . Bridge Provides you an option to store multiple bank account details.
The details that need to fed in this section are,
- Account Name
- Account Name with Local Language
- Account No
- Bank Name
- IBAN Code
- SWIFT Code
- Bank Address
- Bank Document
Multiple Banks can be added if required
Eventually Save the details Once all the mandatory datas are filled
Method Two (Quick Supplier Creation)
- Step 1
- Go to Finance --> General Invoice
- Step 2
- General Invoice --> General Supplier Invoice
- Step 3
- General Supplier Invoice --> New Invoice --> Supplier --> Add Supplier.
- Step 4
- In General, Under Shipment Details Agent --> New Agent.
- Step 4
- A popup will open where you can fill the required fields to create a supplier.
NOTE: Likewise wherever you are supposed to enter the supplier name , a new supplier can be created with limited features which further can be modified. Quick Creation is used when you forgot to create the supplier initially.
The Video inserted below explains you the working of " How to creat Create supplier " to have a better understanding
Categories of Suppliers
Suppliers are categorised as General and Blocked
- General Suppliers
General has a list of suppliers who you have done business with . Inshort it includes all the suppliers since the start.
Blocked has a log where the Suppliers who are being blocked are listed. You can block untrue / disloyal suppliers .Blocked suppliers are invisible in supplier drop downs in the entire system till unblocked manually.
- How to Unblock
If you want to unblock a Supplier who you blocked mistakenly , do Right Click on Supplier --> UnBlock.
Suppliers will get into the general category once they are unblocked
Actions : (Edit / Delete / View )
To modify the supplier data do the following steps
Right-Click on the supplier you want to edit/delete
You can observe a list of options such as : Statements, Block. Actions --> View/Delete/Edit.
- Memo works well on blocked suppliers as well .
- This can be accessed by double clicking over the supplier Row .
- By double Clicking on the corresponding supplier row you can view the details of respective suppliers.
- Star Rating is Given based on the amount of Business they have done with us.
The Video inserted below explains you the working of " Advance features " to have a better understanding
- Supplier Statement Provides you the list of financial transactions happened. Multiple filters are available to fine tune your data.
- Firstly you need to select the Supplier whose data are to be reviewed or analysed.
- Secondly you need to choose either filter through date or Currency. After applying the filters Select the type of statement you wish to observe.
This falls under three categories :
- Advance Items
- Statement :
- Statement has list of Unpaid Entries respective to the Supplier.
- Advance Items :
- List of Paid entries can be observed here.
- Ledger :
- Ledger furnishes all paid and unpaid entries in respect with the Supplier selected.
- Credit / Debit :
- Enable / Disable the option to include this as one of the columns in the statement .
NOTE : If you do not match your Invoice while creating Voucher, the data will be reflected in both Statement and Advance Items.
Default Columns displayed in the statements are Voucher type, Voucher No, Invoice / Ref No, Client Reference, Cheque No, Job No, Voucher Date, Currency , Amount, Local Amount, Open Amount , Balance.
Bridge LCS has given you certain features which ease your work and save your time. You can directly send email to your suppliers with ONE CLICK.
- Email Facility is placed on the right corner of the page and you can click on the same to proceed.
- Apart from Email you can print and Convert the document to PDF which is present beside the Email .
- You can choose the number of Suppliers to be listed on a single page from the option available near the search bar .
- Smooth way to create Memo is double click on the Reference Number, a pop up window will appear wherein you can create notes and set a reminder.
- Effortless way provided to upload document. I.e. By Clicking over the Invoice Number a popup will be opened wherein you can upload your invoice / document for future reference.
- By double click on the voucher number to get a document to be printed.
- Search can be done from any of the fields available. Search is not restricted to a single search column.
The Video inserted below explains you the working of " Supplier Statment " to have a better understanding
Aging report holds the details of invoices that are unpaid, it could have exceeded the due date or have time to pay the due.
The details are listed based on the report selected,
Kind of Reports :
- Individual - gives you an overview of the report.
- Overall - gives you a detailed report.
- Report Date
- It Specifies the period till when the report needs to be fetched.
- Number of Sections based on a period of 30 days will be decided by Interval.
Possibilities of Selection
- Possibility 1
- Report Type --> Individual and Supplier --> Select All , then you will get a detailed report of each and every Supplier as a list.
- Possibility 2
- Report Type --> Individual and Supplier --> anyone in particular then you will get a detailed report with respect to the Supplier selected.
- Possibility 3
- Report Type --> Overall and Supplier --> Select All, then you will be furnished with the overview of every single supplier selected.
- Possibility 4
- Report Type --> Overall and Supplier --> anyone in particular then overview of the respective supplier will be furnished.
NOTE: Detailed report includes columns like Voucher, InvoiceNo, Client Reference, Job, Voucher Date, Currency, Amount etc.. Overall report furnishes different period status based on the interval selected.
PDF and Email Features are given as one of the columns available with each Supplier.
Export, Print and Module refresh features are available at the right corner.
Show Total Only can be enabled if you do not want other columns to be noticeable on the page.
Hide the filters available on the top of the page by clicking on the filter seen next to Show total only Feature.
By double clicking on the columns of Overall report, you will get the details of pending invoices in respect to the suppliers (period wise) .
The Video inserted below explains you the working of " Aging Report " to have a better understanding
Overview brings the Overall Status of a Particular Supplier Selected.
A dropdown option is provided at the top of the page wherein you can select the supplier you want to review.
Once the Supplier is selected, you can review the following things,
- Basic Details of supplier along with their contact information
- Number of Invoices with respect to its status.
- A graph to analyse the credit, debit and total amount of the respective supplier.
- List of Customers associated with the supplier selected.
This represents the Number of suppliers acquired in the previous months wherein you can analyse the increase in suppliers you are dealing with.